the word ‘doula’ means ‘a woman who serves’. my heart is to serve a new mama and her family in any way i can. from laundry to grocery shopping, to meal preparation to holding baby to just being a listening ear or a word of encouragement to a family in need.
The support and knowledge that i bring to a family will help in several ways.
- it will give new parents the ability to relax and rest, knowing capable hands are there to assist.
- it gives first time parents the confidence and support by encouragement and instruction where needed
- it allows the new mama time to take care of the new baby and herself while her other household duties and children are being cared for
- it offers the new mom the outside connection she may need to keep from the isolation that many feel during this time
Things i specifically do while on the job as a doula
- Feed baby, as needed
- Comfort restless or upset baby
- Hygienic care (diapering, bathing, etc.),
- Light housework (nursery cleaning, children’s laundry, food prep, picking up kitchen, etc.)
- Sibling care
- Light cooking
- grocery shopping/errand running
- Emotional support
- Breastfeeding and bottle feeding support and tips
- Baby care instruction, assistance and encouragement
as a photographer, you will also have the option of having me bring my equipment and take family photos–one of my most favorite of duties 😉
if you’d like more information, or you’d like to talk to me personally, comment below, or call 469.450.4648