Ramblin Rose »

Masthead header

who said?????

Jeremiah 1:5–“Before I made you in your mother’s womb, I chose you.  Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work.

the enemy has been working overtime on me….

well, he began when i was very young, probably earlier than i can remember….there were so many things that came against me…so many wounds, so many lies.  and i believed those lies for most of my life.  one of the turning points toward healing for me was when i realized that with every lie he tried to speak over me, it was the counterfeit to one of the name{s} that GOD spoken over me when HE first thought of me.  it was a sneaky ploy and i believed it…and still struggle from time to time…you know those times when you mess up and all you can hear is “what were you THINKING”, or  ” you will NEVER get this one right”, or  “you did it AGAIN”….you get the point, i don’t need to repeat all the bad stuff….but what i have learned is that when something hurts–when someone has bumped up against a bruise of a wound (even a healing one), or when i mess up and feel horrible about it, it triggers old thoughts and if i am not careful, i end up down a spiral–as i like to call them:) I am learning to stop and feel the pain, then i try to think through the lie that was spoken over me–and if i have repeated it (aloud or to myself-which almost always happens) then i have at some point come into an agreement with it–i purpose to find  the truth of what God says about me–what HE thought of when he first thought of me, and speak those words….i am learning-ever so slowly–to not listen to the whispers of the enemy, but to listen to the word that HE has spoken over me and named me….”precious daughter”, “overcomer”, “beautiful”,  “beloved”, “lover of truth”…etc…..

i have a choice who to believe…..and i am learning to discern where the little whispers are coming from and stand up and say……”who says”….

linked up to www.chattinginthesky.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Erin - June 8, 2010 - 5:26 am

I know those whispers of lies, too, and heard them too early in life. But praise Jesus, that He speaks truth over me…I just have to choose to believe Him rather than him. Thank you for your words. They blessed me today.

Linda J - June 8, 2010 - 6:07 am

Love your post this morning. Indeed you have been set apart for a good work! Keep looking up!

Blessings,
Linda J

Michelle - June 8, 2010 - 6:15 am

I love this scripture. It does reassure me of God’s presence and goodness.

I was also clicking around your site some, my Grandmother was one of nine children! I have very fond childhood memories of HUGE family gatherings. They always had so much fun together-

Sharon - June 8, 2010 - 8:36 am

I love it when we catch Satan at his ploys… trying to get us to disbelieve the truth God’s word teaches us to BE TRUTH! He is sneaky but the hope I have is firmly founded in the fact that I have the truth, know the truth, can speak the truth (to myself and others) and all he can do is lie, lie, lie! But we have the flashlight to shine on satan’s darkness… the WORD!! Praise God for revealing Himself so magnificently to us. I love Jesus and am thankful today as I read your words Ginny to be FREE!!! Love you sweet sister!

Sharon - June 8, 2010 - 8:38 am

I love it when God’s truth shines on satan’s lies and reveals them for what they are… big fat ugly lies! I praise God for freeing us all who know & love Jesus to live a life of victory. I’m so thankful to know you Ginny and share this road with you.

Phyllis - June 8, 2010 - 10:45 am

Beautiful reminder. I love your header photo.
-Phyllis

Melissa - June 8, 2010 - 1:27 pm

so true that we have to replace the lies with truth…otherwise, we’re just left feeling bad about what we heard and are desperately trying not to believe. so thankful that others are on the journey, too. thanks for sharing!

Back to Top Contact Me Share on Facebook Tweet this Post Email to a Friend